Cross Country Wrap-Up

Runners All Qualify for Regionals

Carson Ritter

More stories from Carson Ritter

Groom’s cross country season came to an end Saturday in Lubbock’s Mae Simmons Park, but not before three students represented the school with “strong” performances in the Region 1 meet. Senior Andrew Ingle, freshman Cutter Babcock and freshman Madison Friemel all advanced from district to compete. For more information on the regional meet, visit mychiptime.com.

Groom’s cross country season came to an end Saturday in Lubbock’s Mae Simmons Park, but not before three students represented the school with “strong” performances in the Region 1 meet. Senior Andrew Ingle, freshman Cutter Babcock and freshman Madison Friemel all advanced from district to compete.

Their coach Stephen Vanderpool is a first-time cross country coach.

“They ran well,” Vanderpool said. “I hope Madi and Cutter continue their hard work.”

Senior Andrew Ingle, who placed highest among the more than 100 runners, has ran cross country and track all 4 years of high school. Ingle has always been the long-distance specialist.

For more information on the regional meet, visit mychiptime.com.