Kirsten’s Book Nook – “Open Road Summer”

Kirsten Rice

More stories from Kirsten Rice

Poetry is “Lost”
December 5, 2018
Poetry Has “Feelings”
November 20, 2018

Read Kirsten Rice's review of "Open Road Summer" by Emery Lord.

Dee+Montgomery+and+Reagan+are+best+friends.+Dee+is+on+a+tour+for+her+newly+released+album.+She+wouldn%27t+leave+her+best+friend.+Matt+Finch+joins+the+tour+as+its+opening+act%2C+his+boy-next-door+charm+proves+difficult+for+Reagan+to+resist.+This+summer%2C+Reagan+and+Dee+will+navigate+the+ups+and+downs+of+fame+and+friendship+as+they+come+to+see+that+giving+your+heart+to+the+right+person+is+always+a+risk+worth+taking.%0A%22Other+people+can+knock++down+the+walls+you%27ve+built%2C+no+matter+how+much+they+love+you.+You+have+to+year+them+down+yourself+because+there%27s+something+worth+seeing+on+the+other+side.%22+said+Dee+in+the+book+Open+Road+Summer+by+Emery+Lord.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Dee Montgomery and Reagan are best friends. Dee is on a tour for her newly released album. She wouldn't leave her best friend. Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist. This summer, Reagan and Dee will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking.

Dee Montgomery and Reagan are best friends. Dee is on a tour for her newly released album. She wouldn't leave her best friend. Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist. This summer, Reagan and Dee will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking. "Other people can knock down the walls you've built, no matter how much they love you. You have to year them down yourself because there's something worth seeing on the other side." said Dee in the book Open Road Summer by Emery Lord.

“Open Road Summer” by Emery Lord

Dee Montgomery is a country pop star in the search of love after her and her long time boyfriend Jimmy break up right before summer hits. Reagan is her best friend with a bad home life and bad boyfriends. Dee just released her new album when summer hits, so now her and Reagan are going on Dee’s tour for her album Middle of Nowhere, Tennessee. Fortunately, Dee’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts. On the way, they are in the search of love and what real love actually is, but when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence. This summer, Reagan and Dee will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they discover that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking.

“Open Road Summer is a good way to express how you feel about your summer when you meet the guy you always wanted,” said Rice ” when searching for a boy I would go across the world to find him and bring my best friend along for the ride so she has a chance at love too. With heartbreak happening I would still keep looking for the one I want. Just like Dee did with her best friend Reagan. ”

“My review for this book would be a eight out of ten. It was well written and an easy read, I recommend this to anyone looking for a new and easy book to read. ” said Rice.