Tigerettes… Season of Firsts

The+Tigerettes+played+the+Lady+Kiowa%27s+Last+night.+The+%27Ette%27s+won+46-40+in+overtime.+%22Despite+an+ugly+third+quarter%2C+we+came++together+and+really+battled+to+overcome+and+get+the+win%2C%22+Coach+Nicole+Black+said.+%22I+was+very+impressed+by+the+girls+ability+to+band+together+and+come+out+on+top.%22+
The Tigerettes played the Lady Kiowa's Last night. The 'Ette's won 46-40 in overtime.

The Tigerettes played the Lady Kiowa's Last night. The 'Ette's won 46-40 in overtime. "Despite an ugly third quarter, we came together and really battled to overcome and get the win," Coach Nicole Black said. "I was very impressed by the girls ability to band together and come out on top."

‘Ettes Win Their Opening Season Game

On Tuesday night, the Tigerette’s played against the Booker Lady Kiowa’s. The ‘Ette’s played a well fought game to take the win at the end of overtime.

In the first quarter, the ‘Ettes scored nine points to the Lady Kiowa’s seven. Sophomore Aubrey Ritter scored the highest amount of points, seven two-pointers and  five of six free throws.  A. Ritter’s Senior sister Sydney Ritter added 16 points to the score, one two-pointer, three three’s, and 3 of 6 free throws. Senior Madison Friemel contributed 6 points, both being three’s. Sophomore Ginna Miller scored three points, that being a three pointer. Last but not least, Senior Halle Barkley contributed two points, a two-pointer, for the ‘Ettes victory.

The ‘Ettes didn’t have anyone foul out of the game. In the second quarter, the score was 21-10.  After halftime, the ‘Ettes had a downfall in scoring in the third quarter. Giving the Lady Kiowa’s a one point lead of 24-23. In the fourth quarter, the ‘Ettes found their shots again and tied the score 40-40 leading to overtime. In overtime, the ‘Ettes didn’t allow the Lady Kiowa’s to score, but gained six more points making the final score 46-40 for the Tigerette win.

“Despite an ugly third quarter, we came together and really battled to overcome and get the win,” Coach Nicole Black said. “I was very impressed by the girls ability to band together and come out on top.”