Eight-grader Saffron Eugea shows off her waterfall braid as a representation of the article she wrote about how to do this type of specialty braid.

Eight-grader Saffron Eugea shows off her waterfall braid as a representation of the article she wrote about how to do this type of specialty braid. "This hairstyle is super easy and great for special occasions or just a regular day," Eugea said.

Lisa Roskens

Lisa Roskens

“Fall Through”

How to do a Waterfall Braid

Tip: Before I did the braid, shown in the picture, I curled my hair. You do not need to curl your hair. It looks great if you straighten your hair too.

Step 1

First, divide your hair at the root of your head. You can do a deep part or a part down the middle of your head. (You choose.)

Step 2

Next, take the hand that you write with, and grab about 2 inches of hair on that side of your head.

Step 3

Then, divide this section into three pieces, and do one “stitch” of a French braid.

Step 4

On the second “stitch,” put down the section that is farthest away from your part,  and pick up a section right next to it. Make sure that section is about the same size as the one you dropped. This is the first initial “Waterfall stitch.”

Step 5

Then, finish the stitch and move onto the next stitch.

Step 6

Continue this pattern all the way around your head, and tie off with an elastic band.

Step 7

Now, enjoy your newly learned hairstyle.

Groom Tiger Times • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in