Best Weekend In Basketball

LeBron James and Stephen Curry were the two team pickers in the All Star game. The close game was in favor of LeBron with a win of 148-145.

Wikimedia Commons

LeBron James and Stephen Curry were the two team pickers in the All Star game. The close game was in favor of LeBron with a win of 148-145. "This year was interesting," junior Adrian Hendricks said. "Tradition was broken by picking teams, instead of the usual East vs. West format."

NBA Players Entertain Millions

The NBA All-Star Weekend was a good one this year. There was a lot of excitement and competitiveness unlike many years. The whole weekend was just a good break for all the NBA teams.

The first day was Friday, Feb. 16. The things that happened were the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game presented by Ruffle and the Mountain Dew Kickstart Rising Stars Game. The first game of the weekend was the celebrity game. This, as usual, was a fun game. Getting to watch so many well known celebrities play against each other is always fun. The Clippers defeated the Lakers 75 – 66. The MVP of the game was one of my favorite rappers, Quavo. He had 19 points, 3 assists and 4 rebounds. The next game was the Rising Stars game, which is rookies and up-and-coming players in the NBA playing an all-star game. This game is always good because the players aren’t really joking around and they want to be competitive. The game’s format is the USA vs. the World, all of which are obviously NBA players. The MVP of the game was Bogdan Bogdanović with 26 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds. The world team dominated the USA, 155 – 124.

The 2018 All-Star weekend was an entertaining one. Every day had something worth watching.”

— Adrian Hendricks

Saturday, Feb. 17 was contest day. Contest day is the day for all the individual competitions. The three competitions were the Taco Bell Skills Challenge, the JBL Three-Point Contest and the Verizon Slam Dunk Contest. The first was Taco Bell Skills Challenge. The skills challenge includes a variety of shooting, passing and dribbling. The 2018 winner was Spencer Dinwiddie. The next contest was the JBL Three-Point contest. This year’s winner was Devin Booker who set a new contest record for the money ball format with 28 points. The last contest was the Verizon Slam Dunk Contest. The dunk contest this year was very exciting because Donovan Mitchell and Larry Nance really put on a show. Donovan Mitchell came out on top and won the 2018 Slam Dunk Contest.

The last day of the All-Star Weekend was the 67th NBA All-Star Game. This year was very interesting because instead of using the traditional East vs. West format, they let LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Stephen Curry of the Golden State warriors pick their own teams. This was definitely going to be more competitive than the traditional game. We saw combos we never have before like LeBron and Kevin Durant and Curry and James Harden. It was basically made so that the game would be more competitive and they succeeded with that. The game was very close with the final being 148 – 145 in favor of team LeBron. The MVP was LeBron James with 31 points, 8 assists and 10 rebounds.

The 2018 All-Star weekend was an entertaining one. Every day had something worth watching.