Tigerettes beat Follett Lady Panthers

Chandra Rice

More stories from Chandra Rice

Tigers Today – Nov. 16
November 16, 2018
Tigers Today – Nov. 14
November 14, 2018
Tigers Today – Nov. 13
November 13, 2018
Tigers Today – Nov. 9
November 9, 2018
Sydney Ritter

More stories from Sydney Ritter

Tracking Success
April 6, 2018
District Sweep
April 3, 2018
Ettes’ End Season
February 21, 2018
Junior varsity and varsity boys' team members cheer on the Tigerettes as they take the Bi-District Championship win against Follett Lady Panthers.  The 'Ettes won 51-25.

Junior varsity and varsity boys' team members cheer on the Tigerettes as they take the Bi-District Championship win against Follett Lady Panthers. The 'Ettes won 51-25. "The boys were happy to support the girls no matter what happened," freshman Tre' Byers said.

Ettes’ advance to face
Happy Cowgirls Friday

The Tigerettes defeated the Lady Panthers of Follett in Miami on Tuesday, Feb. 13, to win their Bi-District playoff championship by a score of 51-25. Now, the girls say they are looking forward to their game against Happy on Friday, Feb. 16 at 6:30 p.m. in Amarillo’s Caprock High School gym.

By end of the first quarter against Follett, the ‘Ettes had a ten-point lead. The score was 19-9, and the home crowd was roaring.

“The game- it was awesome and so much fun,” junior Cayden Lambert said.  “My favorite part was singing ‘na, na, na, na – na, na, na, na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye’ to one of their players who fouled out.”

With the help of starter Sydney Ritter’s 18 points, the ‘Ettes kept the Lady Panthers on their toes. Their lead scorer, Ashyln Schilling, put in 15, but she also fouled out in the third quarter.  Other Groom scorers included freshman Aubrey Ritter contributing 10; senior Jamey Germany followed with 8; senior Chelsey Lamb sunk 6; freshman Graci Treadwell scored 4; sophomore Ginna Miller contributed 3, and junior K’Leigh Keesee added 2. This combined work led to the Tigerettes’ win of the first gold-ball trophy in several years.

“I think we’re going to match up well with Happy,” Coach Nicole Black said, “and if we play as a unit, we shall prevail.”

This week the ‘Ettes will play the Happy Cowgirls Friday at 6:30 p.m. at Caprock High School in the Area round of the Region 1 playoffs.

“It felt very rewarding to gain the (bi-district) trophy, and we’re going to strive for more,” Germany said.

You can still vote for “Player of the Week” by clicking here.