‘Ettes best Does

Chandra Rice

More stories from Chandra Rice

Tigers Today – Feb. 22
February 22, 2018
Ettes’ End Season
February 21, 2018
A Tiger Tale
February 20, 2018
Tigers Today – Feb. 9
February 9, 2018
Journey to Playoffs
February 9, 2018
Tigers Today – Feb. 6
February 6, 2018
On the Road Again
February 5, 2018
Tigers Today- Jan. 31
January 31, 2018
The+Ettes%27+celebrate+with+each+other+after+defeating+White+Deer+for+the+second+time+earning+the+second+seed+for+playoffs.+They+will+face+Follett+in+Miami+on+Tuesday%2C+Feb.+13+in+the+bi-district+round.+%22If+you+can.+please+come+and+support+us+in+our+playoff+run%21%22+junior+point+guard+Sydney+Ritter+said.+
The Ettes' celebrate with each other after defeating White Deer for the second time earning the second seed for playoffs. They will face Follett in Miami on Tuesday, Feb. 13 in the bi-district round.

The Ettes' celebrate with each other after defeating White Deer for the second time earning the second seed for playoffs. They will face Follett in Miami on Tuesday, Feb. 13 in the bi-district round. "If you can. please come and support us in our playoff run!" junior point guard Sydney Ritter said.

Seth Ritter

Seth Ritter

Groom wins 47-45 over White Deer

>

The Tigerettes defeated the Does of White Deer in Claude on Saturday, Feb. 10, to win their playoff seeding match by a score of 47-45. Now, the girls say they are looking forward to their game against Follet on Tuesday, Feb. 13, to see who’s playoff run will stay alive.

Last week the ‘Ettes lost their game against the District 2 first-place McLean Lady Tigers, creating this tie-breaker match. But, the Tigerettes said they came ready to take their playoff seeding on Saturday. By end of the first quarter against White Deer, the ‘Ettes had a three-point lead. The score was 10-7 before the second-quarter began.

“With some team chemistry and coach encouragement, we were able to come out in the third quarter and win our game,” junior point guard Sydney Ritter said.

With the help of starter Ritter’s 22 points, the ‘Ettes more than kept pace with the Does’ lead scorer, Hannah Grange, who put in 14.  Other Groom scorers included Senior Chelsey Lamb contributing 10, Sophomore Ginna Miller following with 8, and Freshman Aubrey Ritter with 6.

“Once again, Tiger Nation, y’all showed up and got loud and it made such a huge difference,” Coach Nicole Black said.

After the thrilling game, a Roy Report Media reporter spoke with S. Ritter telling her she would be up for the statewide player of the week. There will be a link to vote later this week.

This week the junior varsity boys will begin Tuesday’s games at 4 p.m. by playing Shamrock, followed by the varsity boys at 6. Then, the boys will travel to Miami to cheer on the ‘Ettes as they take on Follett in the official first round of the playoffs.  at 8 p.m.

A Note from Coach

You can vote for Sydney Ritter when the link becomes available: http://royreportmedia.com/statewide-player-of-the-week-feb-12/.