High Jumping – B-ball style

Saffron Eugea

More stories from Saffron Eugea

“Be a Queen”
October 26, 2018
5 Stranded
October 4, 2018
Officially Accented
September 17, 2018
Fishtail Freshman
September 6, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

High Jumping – B-ball style

Eighth-grade post Colby Linquist out jumps the competition at the beginning of this game in Lefors. Both boys and girls won their games last night, Feb. 5, against the Bandits with the boys' score being 45-12, and the girls took victory with 20-15.  Linquist tied with seventh-grader Blayne Shuck with the high-point scoring position. They each made 10 points.

Eighth-grade post Colby Linquist out jumps the competition at the beginning of this game in Lefors. Both boys and girls won their games last night, Feb. 5, against the Bandits with the boys' score being 45-12, and the girls took victory with 20-15. Linquist tied with seventh-grader Blayne Shuck with the high-point scoring position. They each made 10 points.

Saffron Eugea

Saffron Eugea

Saffron Eugea

Boys, girls take wins in Lefors

Both Groom Cub basketball teams brought home their last and final win of the season on Monday, Feb. 5. Both teams played Lefors there. The boys won 45-12, and the girls claimed victory with 20-14.

“We were doing really bad during the first quarter, and then all the rest of the game, we played our best and won,” eighth-grader Cael Ruthardt said.

Eighth-grader Colby Linquist and seventh-grader Blayne Shuck tied for the high-point scoring position for the boys.

According to some of the girls, the Cubettes had a less-than-desired beginning effort, as well.

“We started out a little sloppy, but by the end we got our intensity up,” eighth-grader Sam Short said.

Both teams closed the season with winning records. The boys, coached this year by Tony Dodson, finished with 11-2 wins-to-losses, and the girls, coached by Nicole Black, ended with a 7-5 game count.

Click the photo for a better view.