Conference Wrap-Up + Super Bowl Preview

Fans will be gathering Feb. 4 at the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn., for the first time. Junior columnist Adrian Hendricks wraps up the Conference Championship round and previews Super Bowl 52.

Fans will be gathering Feb. 4 at the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn., for the first time. Junior columnist Adrian Hendricks wraps up the Conference Championship round and previews Super Bowl 52. "I’m picking the Patriots in this game because of their playoff experience."

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Adrian Hendricks, Sports Editor

Hendricks Hints at GOAT, Predicts Winner

“We goin’ to the Super Bowl, and we goin’ win the whole dang thing,” Jaguars’ main defensive back Jalen Ramsey said after their win in Pittsburgh in the Divisional Round.

They almost did too.

The conference championship round of the 2018 NFL Playoffs was really good. Well, at least the AFC portion of the day.

In the AFC game, the New England Patriots took on the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars’ defense wasn’t bad through the first half. Then, they started to slip up during the second. The Patriots are always a team you don’t want to bet against, simply because they play all four quarters. They never give up, and they never gave up against the Jags, and they came back and won the game. Another controversial topic was if the referees officiated the game fairly or not. A lot of people think it was fair, and a lot also disagree. Personally, I think it wasn’t fair. The Jaguars had way more borderline calls called on them, and if it was on the fence, the refs would just call it anyway. It also doesn’t look good how the refs were celebrating with the Patriots after their victory.

The second game was the Vikings against the Eagles. Most people thought this was going to be a good one, and through the first quarter, it was fairly competitive. After that point, however, the Eagles outscored the Vikings 17 – 0 in the second, 7 – 0 in the third, and 7-0 in the fourth. This was disappointing for the Vikings because the Eagles were considered the underdogs once again. Yet, for the Eagles, this week, unlike last week, was a massive win.

With the conference weekend out the door, the matchup for Super Bowl 52 is set: The Philadelphia Eagles vs. the New England Patriots. The game will be in Minnesota’s new stadium. If the Vikings would have beaten the Eagles, they would’ve been the first team in the Super Bowl era to play the Super Bowl at home. The Eagles are huge underdogs in this Super Bowl because of the Patriots’ team and their post-season success. This is one of the best Patriot teams in their dynasty with Tom Brady. Some people think the Patriots are overrated, but they’re the greatest dynasty of the decade and arguably of the last one. All of these teams led by the greatest of all time Tom Brady. I already think he is the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of All Time), but some people think not. If he wins this, Brady will solidify himself as the GOAT. I’m picking the Patriots in this game because of their playoff experience.

1 Comment

One Response to “Conference Wrap-Up + Super Bowl Preview”

1. Zander on January 25th, 2018 7:37 am

Who wrote this?

[Reply]

• Conference Wrap-Up + Super Bowl Preview

National Sports

Best Weekend In Basketball

National Sports

1, 2, 3 – Cavalier Changes

Local Sports

Track Schedule

Daily Announcements

Tigers Today – Feb. 22

• Showcase

Lefors Track Meet

National Sports

Best Weekend In Basketball

Sports

Ettes’ End Season

Sports

A Tiger Tale

Photo of the Day

Watching, Waiting, Working – Photo of the Day – Feb. 20

Opinion

If it could happen there …

Conference Wrap-Up + Super Bowl Preview