End-of-Week Sports Wrap Up

Alabama+dynasty+continues+in+Alabama%27s+victor+over+Georgia.+Adrian+Hendricks+produces+an+end-of-week+report+over+national+and+local+sports.+%22It+was+a+better+game+than+I+thought+it+was+going+to+be.%22+
Alabama dynasty continues in Alabama's victor over Georgia. Adrian Hendricks produces an end-of-week report over national and local sports.

Alabama dynasty continues in Alabama's victor over Georgia. Adrian Hendricks produces an end-of-week report over national and local sports. "It was a better game than I thought it was going to be."

Pixabay

Pixabay

Adrian Hendricks, Sports Editor

Boo Boo Brings the Scoop

Alabama wins,
Durant hits 20,000,
Balls go to Europe,
NFL playoffs continues,
Tigers, Ettes begin district …

There were a lot of interesting things that happened this week in National Sports. The first was Alabama winning the College Football National Championships. This game looked like a blowout by Georgia with their team getting up 20 – 3 shortly after halftime. Alabama found a way to come back and sent it to overtime. Alabama won in overtime 26 – 23. This was Nick Saban’s sixth National Championship victory with Alabama.

The next thing that happened was Kevin Durant getting to 20,000 career points. Jan. 10, Durant became the second youngest player in NBA history to reach 20,000 points. However, the Warriors still did not win this game against the Clippers.

Lou Williams is a guard for the Los Angeles Clippers and is not seen as a superstar by any means. Some people don’t even think he’s a good player at all, but this week he dropped an unexpected 50 points, 7 assists and 2 rebounds against the Warriors. They were not predicted to win this game because of both teams previous performances, but Williams carried the Clippers to a 125 – 106 victory.

Another thing that happened was LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball’s first game as European professional basketball players. They both recorded good stats and a win in their debut in Lithuania. If you want more in-depth coverage about them check out my article specifically about the ball family called “Having a Worldwide Ball Family.”

This has been a very exciting week in sports, and it will only get better this weekend. Make sure to tune in and watch the divisional round of the NFL playoffs and see if my predictions were right. My predictions are in another one of my articles called “NFL Playoffs and Predictions”. Make sure to comment on that post and leave me your predictions.

The Groom high school girls basketball team played their first district basketball game of the year on Jan. 9. They beat Shamrock with a score of 56 – 43. Their next game is Jan. 12 in Groom against Hedley. This is their second district game, and this will also be the boys first district game of the year. Be sure to come out and support both teams as district competition continues. For more details check out Payton Trevino’s article called “Groom Defeats Shamrock”.