Moving on For Success
Photo of the Day – May 17

The+2017+seniors+gather+in+front+of+the+State+National+Bank+of+Groom+on+Broadway+street.+This+photo+is+one+of+many+that+can+be+found+among+the+2016-17+yearbook+ads.+This+year%27s+senior+class+also+has+earned+another+point+of+recognition.+These+students+have+the+highest+percentage+in+FASFA+completion+for+the+entire+Texas++Panhandle+area%2C+and+thanks+to+a+program+sponsored+by+the+P-16+Council+at+Region+16+and+Amarillo%27s+Education+Credit+Union%2C+one+of+these+students%2C+who+will+be+announced+at+the+graduation+ceremony+on+Friday+at+8+p.m.+in+the+GHS+auditorium%2C+will++receive+an+additional+scholarship+for+that+accomplishment.+%22This+is+big+deal+for+two+reasons+-+first%2C+by+completing+the+application%2C+students+are+able+to+see+what+grants+they+qualify+for%2C+and+they+make+themselves+eligible+for+many+scholarships+that+require+FAFSA+completion%2C%22+counselor+Kaitlyn+Moritz+said.+%22Secondly%2C+by+winning+this+contest%2C+one+lucky+GISD+student+will+win+a+%24500+scholarship.+The+winner+was+determined+by+a+random+drawing%2C+and+their+name+will+be+announced+at+graduation.%22+
The 2017 seniors gather in front of the State National Bank of Groom on Broadway street. This photo is one of many that can be found among the 2016-17 yearbook ads. This year's senior class also has earned another point of recognition. These students have the highest percentage in FASFA completion for the entire Texas  Panhandle area, and thanks to a program sponsored by the P-16 Council at Region 16 and Amarillo's Education Credit Union, one of these students, who will be announced at the graduation ceremony on Friday at 8 p.m. in the GHS auditorium, will  receive an additional scholarship for that accomplishment.

The 2017 seniors gather in front of the State National Bank of Groom on Broadway street. This photo is one of many that can be found among the 2016-17 yearbook ads. This year's senior class also has earned another point of recognition. These students have the highest percentage in FASFA completion for the entire Texas Panhandle area, and thanks to a program sponsored by the P-16 Council at Region 16 and Amarillo's Education Credit Union, one of these students, who will be announced at the graduation ceremony on Friday at 8 p.m. in the GHS auditorium, will receive an additional scholarship for that accomplishment. "This is big deal for two reasons - first, by completing the application, students are able to see what grants they qualify for, and they make themselves eligible for many scholarships that require FAFSA completion," counselor Kaitlyn Moritz said. "Secondly, by winning this contest, one lucky GISD student will win a $500 scholarship. The winner was determined by a random drawing, and their name will be announced at graduation."

Seniors Earn Recognition for FAFSA Completions

Keep an eye out for daily pictures that give a glimpse of life at Groom, and click here to see other Photos of the Day.