Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Bobbie Brown, owner of Texas 1A Fan, updates her website  on her laptop. Brown runs all pages, including her popular Facebook and Twitter accounts, by herself.

Bobbie Brown, owner of Texas 1A Fan, updates her website on her laptop. Brown runs all pages, including her popular Facebook and Twitter accounts, by herself. "I think it's very important to show everyone that 1A kids are very special and have a lot to offer," Brown said.

Bobbie Brown

Bobbie Brown

Bobbie Brown Shares Small-Town Pride with World

Students gather the day after a track meet, talking to coaches, no results yet. They continue scrolling through all of the pages. Texas 1A Fan shines from the top of the screen. Results have been found

“I enjoy the way she keeps all of us little guys updated, especially when everyone focuses on the big guys,” Melissa Ritter said.

There are over 200 1A schools in the state of Texas. As a matter of fact, according to the UIL, there are …. You may ask, how could one woman possibly update all of the schools and cover so much? Answering this question, Bobbie Brown shows us her secrets on how she runs the busy pages of Texas 1A Fan.

“I do all the updates to Facebook, Twitter and www.1afan.com,” Brown said. “At this point, I’m a one-woman show, and it’s kind of funny because many think I’m a male and call me ‘sir.’ Yes, it’s a lot to keep up with, but I’m organized to a fault and really love anything 1A schools do.”

Brown grew up in the small town of Jayton, which had a population of 534 at the 2010 census. She participated in cross country, basketball, track, one-act play, UIL academics, tennis, golf, and she also was a twirler for the band.

“You know how it is … if everyone doesn’t do it, the school won’t have enough for a team,” Brown said. “So I did it all!” she said in an email to Groom Tiger Times.

Brown fueled her passion for 1A kids when she created the Double J Chronicles, to keep everyone updated on the school happenings until her daughter graduated. Then, she recruited others to take over the Double J.

When this left her with nothing to do, she created the famous Texas 1A Fan Twitter account, the Facebook page as well as her popular website.

“It’s a strange hobby, but one I absolutely love,” Brown said. “I think it’s very important to show everyone that 1A kids are very special, and have a lot to offer.”

Brown is in contact with several coaches to relay her information if she can’t attend the event herself. When Brown does attend, she takes several pictures to upload on her sites. She does not put her name on photos and encourages sharing and downloading.

“I do not put my name on them because I think it’s important for parents and other family members to have pictures of their kids competing,” Brown said. “I encourage sharing and downloading. For some families, that may be the only pictures they see outside of yearbook.”

Running everything like she does requires serious dedication and passion. All of which Brown has. She never fails to miss covering an event and giving little schools the attention they deserve.