Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Kaylie Ritter

More stories from Kaylie Ritter

Deadly Thoughts
December 13, 2017
Tigers Today – Dec. 5
December 5, 2017
Tigers Today – Nov. 29
November 29, 2017
Tigers Today – Nov. 21
November 21, 2017
Tigers Today – Nov. 17
November 17, 2017
Enforcing the Rules
November 16, 2017
Tigers Today – Nov. 15
November 15, 2017
Bobbie Brown, owner of Texas 1A Fan, updates her website  on her laptop. Brown runs all pages, including her popular Facebook and Twitter accounts, by herself.

Bobbie Brown, owner of Texas 1A Fan, updates her website on her laptop. Brown runs all pages, including her popular Facebook and Twitter accounts, by herself. "I think it's very important to show everyone that 1A kids are very special and have a lot to offer," Brown said.

Bobbie Brown

Bobbie Brown

Bobbie Brown shares

1A news with world

Students gather the day after a track meet, talking to coaches, no results yet. They continue scrolling through all of the pages. Texas 1A Fan shines from the top of the screen. Results have been found.

“I enjoy the way she keeps all of us little guys updated, especially when everyone focuses on the big guys,” Melissa Ritter said.

There are over 200 1A schools in the state of Texas. As a matter of fact, according to the UIL, there are 202 1A schools.You may ask, how could one woman possibly update all of the schools and cover so much? Answering this question, Bobbie Brown shows us her secrets on how she runs the busy pages of Texas 1A Fan.

“I do all the updates to Facebook, Twitter and www.1afan.com,” Brown said. “At this point, I’m a one-woman show, and it’s kind of funny because many think I’m a male and call me ‘sir.’ Yes, it’s a lot to keep up with, but I’m organized to a fault and really love anything 1A schools do.”

Brown grew up in the small town of Jayton, which had a population of 534 at the 2010 census. She participated in cross country, basketball, track, one-act play, UIL academics, tennis, golf, and she also was a twirler for the band.

“You know how it is … if everyone doesn’t do it, the school won’t have enough for a team,” Brown said. “So I did it all!” she said in an email to Groom Tiger Times.

Brown fueled her passion for 1A kids when she created the Double J Chronicles, to keep everyone updated on the school happenings until her daughter graduated. Then, she recruited others to take over the Double J.

When this left her with nothing to do, she created the famous Texas 1A Fan Twitter account, the Facebook page as well as her popular website.

“It’s a strange hobby, but one I absolutely love,” Brown said. “I think it’s very important to show everyone that 1A kids are very special, and have a lot to offer.”

Brown is in contact with several coaches to relay her information if she can’t attend the event herself. When Brown does attend, she takes several pictures to upload on her sites. She does not put her name on photos and encourages sharing and downloading.

“I do not put my name on them because I think it’s important for parents and other family members to have pictures of their kids competing,” Brown said. “I encourage sharing and downloading. For some families, that may be the only pictures they see outside of yearbook.”

Running everything like she does requires serious dedication and passion. All of which Brown has. She never fails to miss covering an event and giving little schools the attention they deserve.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen”

1. Barry Stevens on March 11th, 2018 9:04 am

I have been the golf coach at Happy High for the last 7-8 years. As you may know we have been pretty successful winning the last two Boys State Championships and finishing 3rd with the Girls last year. I have tried for years to get some statewide coverage for 1A golf with limited success. We used to be covered by another site but were dropped. 1A golf is a different proposition because rarely do players play year round because they are all involved in other sports at small schools. Could you somehow collect golf results for us this time of year?

[Reply]

adviser Reply:

Let us see what we can do! We’ll sure try. We can’t speak for Texas 1A fan, but I bet our GroomTigerTimes editor and sports editor might be up for the challenge for you.

[Reply]

• Features

Accomplishing goals together

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

A Love Story Without Borders

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

In the Ring

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Tiger Cycle Time

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Back in Black … And Red

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Legal Secretary or Teacher: Question’s End

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Guiding Students

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Buttons, Basketball Ads, and T-Shirt Orders

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Dreaming, Working, Achieving

• Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen

Features

Helper…Mayor…Farmer…Referee…Umpire… It’s a List …

Texas 1A Fan – Behind The Screen