“Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo!”

Find those Royal Robes, Take the Stage Thursday

Back to Article
Back to Article

“Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo!”

Above is the wand that will be used by the fairy godmother, which will be played by Freshman Ginna Miller, Thursday evening, Oct. 13, at 7. The Journalism class will be hosting a baked potato supper starting at 6.

Above is the wand that will be used by the fairy godmother, which will be played by Freshman Ginna Miller, Thursday evening, Oct. 13, at 7. The Journalism class will be hosting a baked potato supper starting at 6. "I'm a very shy guy," actor Cade Linquist said. "But, working on this play has brought out a new me."

Leslie Germany

Leslie Germany

Leslie Germany

“Cinderella, Cinderella …” by Steve and Kathy Hotchner will come to life – twice –  on stage Thursday, Oct. 13, thanks to the Theater I class. The performances will be once during the day for the students and once during the evening for the public.

The student actors said they have “worked hard” along with their teacher and director, Aimee Fields, to make this production possible. The evening performance, which will begin at 7 p.m., will follow a baked-potato supper, hosted by the Journalism Department at 6 p.m. in the auditorium. The supper and the play will both be donation-only. Participants can donate to the journalists in the cafeteria and to the one-act-play program in the auditorium. Thursday’s featured play even comes with a twist: Elementary students will get to go on stage and be a part of the performance.

“It has a lot of scenes where the kids get to interact with us,”actress Chelsey Lamb said. “That is important because the high school students are so busy with classes and sports, and we never get to take the same stage.”

Many of the theater students said they “love” the kids getting to be involved. While the theater group has had audience participation performances before, nothing exactly like this has been done  at Groom.

“Practicing and performing this play has been a fun experience,” actress Jamey Germany said, “and, I think the little kids will love it, too.”

While some said they love the acting, there are others who said they started class still in “shy” mode.

“I’m a very shy guy,” actor Cade Linquist said. “But, working on this play has brought out a new me.”

Eight actors and actresses are performing in the play.

“It’ll be cool,” actor Chandler LaRoe said.

For the male side of the production, freshman Cade Linquist is taking the role of the King, and the role of Duke Ferdinand is played by junior Chandler LaRoe. The role of the prince is played by sophomore Cutter Babcock. Junior Chelsey Lamb takes the title role of Cinderella, and the fairy godmother is being played by freshman Ginna Miller. Junior Jamey Germany takes the role of the wicked stepmother, and the step-sisters Denise and Cecily are played by junior Charity Perry and freshman Justina Coronado.

“I’ve really enjoyed acting,” Coronado said. “Come see the magic!”