Attitude & Effort

William Kelly

More stories from William Kelly

Getting Upgrades
February 14, 2018
Tigers Today – Jan. 11
January 11, 2018
Tigers Today – Dec. 14
December 14, 2017
Music Maker
May 5, 2017

Junior High Student Reacts to Apathy, Respect Issues

Principal Stephen Vanderpool is having to enforce rules with serious consequences   for students who continue to show disrespect toward teachers and classmates.  In this article, editorial writer William Kelly calls on fellow students to restore well-earned respect, good effort, and positive attitude back to the school environment.

Principal Stephen Vanderpool is having to enforce rules with serious consequences for students who continue to show disrespect toward teachers and classmates. In this article, editorial writer William Kelly calls on fellow students to restore well-earned respect, good effort, and positive attitude back to the school environment.

Today’s problem revolves around a few students, their efforts and their attitudes. These students are creating problems with teachers and parents. These few junior high guys think that everything they do impresses others, but they need to learn that the people around them are getting tired of their nonsense.

These few students think it is all right to be a pain with teachers and even with their parents. These students are acting like they know it all, but in the end they really don’t. These students think that everything they do is right to them; but, in reality they are doing things that are punishing the rest of the people that are trying to make choices that truly are right.

The trouble-makers and bystanders now are even affecting the moods of teachers. Some students are even getting upset when their fellow classmates are being rude to their teachers – and their parents. The students who are creating classroom problems are beginning to find out that classmates are not wanting to be with them. Most students are realizing that teachers want to be – and should be – rewarded for their hard work by their students.

The administrators, who are usually in good standing with students, are having to put in place more harsh rules on everyone because of the behavior of a few. All junior high students need to consider how their actions may be affecting others. Let’s work together to put well-earned respect, good effort and positive attitudes back at work so our school experience can be fun – not harsh.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Attitude & Effort”

1. Jay Lamb on December 3rd, 2015 10:53 am

William – great article. I sincerely appreciate your insights. I think it is important for everyone to understand how their behavior affects others. It is equally as important that students who choose to misbehave understand that their classmates don’t appreciate their behavior. Peers need to send a message that it’s not cool to be disruptive or disrespectful.
    Excellent Choice – What a way to take a stand for what is right – not necessarily what is popular. Imagine what the classroom would be like if everyone made good behavior choices.

2. Billy&Christy kelly on December 3rd, 2015 5:02 pm

I’m very proud to say that William Kelly has grown to be a very respectful and mature young man. He has a very good heart and self-respect and pride that come from his daddy, and I am more than proud to say he is my son and Christy’s, who loves him like her own. You have grown up so much. That’s my man keep up the good work and stand up for what’s right. You have overcome so much, way too much. It has made you the man you are today – the man that I hold so much love for in my heart. We love you.

• Attitude & Effort

Columns

Poetry is Reckless but Lovely

• Attitude & Effort

Entertainment

5 Stranded

• Attitude & Effort

Opinion

Chris’ picks for week 2

• Attitude & Effort

Entertainment

Officially Accented

• Attitude & Effort

Entertainment

Fishtail Freshman

• Attitude & Effort

Staff Blogs

“Fall Through”

• Attitude & Effort

Columns

The Art of The Dutch

• Attitude & Effort

Columns

Peek at a White Wonder

• Attitude & Effort

Columns

Carpenter… Harvester… Mechanic… Best of all Father

• Attitude & Effort

Staff Blogs

Woven In History

Attitude & Effort