Glimpses of Groom

Cade Linquist

More stories from Cade Linquist

Tigers Today – Feb. 2
February 2, 2017
Tigers Today – Jan. 31
January 31, 2017
Tigers Today – Jan. 30
January 30, 2017
Cutter Babcock

More stories from Cutter Babcock

Tigers Today – Feb. 27
February 27, 2017
Tigers Today – Feb. 22
February 22, 2017
Tigers Today – Feb. 21
February 21, 2017
A Grateful Group
December 17, 2016
Tigers Today – Dec. 7
December 7, 2016
Jowannah Power's room is full of color, but also a sense of security as the watchful eyes of the Tiger guard the door. "The Tiger eyes symbolize the symbol of the school," Powers said. "It was my symbol when I got here, and I think it's a nod to the Tiger spirit."

New Photographers Linquist, Babcock Offer Behind-Scenes Looks

Cutter Babcock
Sophomore Adrian Hendricks, “AKA Boo Boo,” laughs while he uploads his daily vlogs. He records, edits and uploads his vlogs everyday in one 45-minute period. Hendricks said his vlog “is the answer to everything.”

Cade Linquist
Fifth graders sit and discuss the events of P.E. while waiting for their next turn in the game. Coach Kylee Armenta leads their class. “When we throw the ball from the other side, I like to catch them, and I like tagging people,” Fifth-grader Kacie Eugea, shown here, said.

Cade Linquist
Sixth-graders Conner Fields and Owen Britten help set up the concession stand for the home basketball games. The high school juniors use the funds from concession stand sales to help pay for prom. Both sixth-graders’ moms are sponsors for the prom. “I’ve really appreciated Connor and Owen helping since the high-school kids aren’t able to help anymore,” Aimee Fields said.

Cade Linquist
All Groom students in the main hallway walk past this sign, which was presented by the Senior class of 1982. “I think that someone we had played in basketball had something like it,” class of ’82 member Tonda Torres said. “So, we went with that” when the class decided on their senior gift.

Cutter Babcock
Groom receives first snow on Jan. 6, leaving Groom School with a 10 a.m. late start due to icy roads and snow. The snowfall wiped out the internet in Groom for a few days and left other towns with no power. “Stick around six hours and the weather will change,” Department of Public Safety Officer Tony Rocha said.

Cutter Babcock
Just two days after a big snow wiped out several other towns’ power systems, the ground cleared, and the high reached into the 70s. “Its the Texas Panhandle,” Principal Stephen Vanderpool said. “You never know when it’s going to be 80 degrees one day and not the next.”

Cade Linquist
Senior Cody Kling checks his phone with permission during his last-period welding class with teacher Jennifer Carter. He uses the device for “looking for music to listen to during ag,” Kling said.

Cutter Babcock
Jowannah Power’s room is full of color, but also a sense of security as the watchful eyes of the Tiger guard the door. “The Tiger eyes symbolize the symbol of the school,” Powers said. “It was my symbol when I got here, and I think it’s a nod to the Tiger spirit.”

Cutter Babcock
Second-grader Brock Friemel “goofs off” to pass the time while waiting for his mom to pick him up after school.
Brock and his two sisters Madison and Ali Friemel live 9 miles away from the school and often ride the bus, but not on this day. “I like looking at all the cotton, corn and all the fields on the way to school,” sixth-grader Ali Friemel said.

Cade Linquist
All Groom athletes walk past this champions “G” sign every time they go down to the weight room. Sometimes the coaches set a date for when the athletes workout and the athletes also have the privilege of scheduling their own exercise times there. “I love working out in the weight room because I try to get in shape for any of my athletic events that are coming up,” Freshman William Kelly said.